Thursday, July 9, 2009

19th birthday celebration

My birthday fell on a Friday. One of my other classmate's birthday was the week before, so just to celebrate, the whole class (about 20 of us) was going club/pub hopping. This seem to be one of their (Brits) other favourite past time after Football. (watching football, playing football, betting on football, discussing football)
I have never club hopped let alone pub hopped. To be honest, I have never set foot in a pub before then.

We (Georgia, Costas and myself) got to the first pub (I forgot the name of the pub, but the bus stops right in front of the pub) at 8pm. The rest were already there since 7pm (yeah, they start clubbing early!). And at about 8.45, the place got really crowded. And then, at 9pm,(i remember the time, ambiance very clearly) I saw my secondary school mate, who is also my distant cousin. I thought I had a few too many of hoochs, because I didn't think anyone I knew would end up in Sheffield.
And she waved, all I could say was "Lids? Is that you?"
I was so happy I jumped up and hugged her, and we didn't let go for about 5 whole minutes! And obviously the guys were enjoying this sudden "treat", I didn't know what was going on in their heads, and I didn't want to know....hahahaha
After a quick catch up, Lids said bye to hr friends, and ended up club/pub hopping with me and my friends instead.

I cant really recall how many pubs we went to. But in the end, we went to Republic, te club that invented Gate Crasher....

I know we lost a few of the guys towards the end. I later learned that the students have another past time which is not common back home, which is ending up on other people's beds. I don't judge a person who does that, whatever they do in their past time is non of my business, as long as it doesn't effect me, Im okay....

Anyway, back to clubbing, Republic ended up being Lid's and my favourite clubs. We ended up there almost every other week. (if not every week!) hehehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment